La Paz to CopacabanaJanuary 7, 2019
Going from La Paz to Copacabana by Bus: 2021 updated information about Bus Safety, The Best Bus Companies to take and their schedules.
Travelling to Copacabana from La Paz takes around 4 hours. In this guide, we have included extensive information about us safety in Peru, the best bus companies to travel with and other benefits you should look out for when choosing the bus company you want to travel with from La Paz to Copacabana.
The journey from La Paz to Copacabana is an easy enough trip with some stunning scenery of Lake Titicaca on the way. Before arriving in Copacabana, passengers take a 15 minute ferry journey across Lake Titicaca, no matter what bus company you decide to travel with. Bus travel is the only option for this route as there are no direct flights between the two locations. Below you will find important information to consider before choosing the best bus company to travel with on this route.
To take a bus from La Paz to Copcabana you have 2 main options:
1 – Hop on hop off bus (e.g. Peru Hop, Green Toad Bus)
2 – Public Bus (e.g. Cruz del Sur, Oltursa)
The schedule and departure times of buses from La Paz to Copacabana are as follows:
|COMPANIES||SCHEDULE||DEPARTURE TIME||DEPARTURE LOCATION||ENGLISH SPEAKING ASSITANCE|
|TOUR PERU||DAILY||07:00||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO|
|BOLIVIA HOP||DAILY||07:00||HOTEL PICK UP & DROP OFF||YES|
|TRANS TITICACA||DAILY||08:00||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO|
|GREEN TOAD||WEEKLY||07:00||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO|
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO HELP CHOOSE WHAT BUS COMPANY TO TAKE:
- Is it required to travel to the bus companies public terminal or do they pick you up from your hotel/hostel?
- Some bus companies, such as the hop on hop off companies, do pick you up from wherever you’re staying, which is a much more secure and safer service rather than having to take local taxis. Going with public bus companies you will always have to travel to the terminal meaning there is the need to find out where the terminal is and organising transport to on the day of travel.
- How is bus safety in Peru and what are the companies safety records like?
- This varies from company to company. The best way to find out the safety record of any bus company is to put the name of the company with the words “hijackings” or “accidents” and googling the results. This way you will be able to see which companies are the best.
- What can I expect to find on the bus? What are the on-board facilities like?
- Most companies will have TV’s, toilets (how clean the toilets are depend on the company) and semi-cama or cama seats. All important factors which help determine the best company.
- Are there any other benefits I can expect to find depending on the bus company?
- You will find while doing research that different companies offer different things. Some companies have special luxury class buses that come at a higher price, some companies, such as Cruz del Sur, have loyalty point schemes and other companies, such as Peru Hop, offer discounts on accommodation and other things. Make sure to check out a couple of different companies to see what benefits you can get and which will be the best for you.
The journey from La Paz to Copacabana is usually a short and pleasant one (depending on what company you travel with) as most of the roads are in good condition compared to some of the other destinations in Peru. All you have to do is choose the best bus company and enjoy your journey!
YOU MAY LIKE
Lima to Machu Picchu – Agencies DON’T want you to read this!
#1 Rated Day Trips From Lima To Unforgettable Destinations
Everything You Need to Know to Avoid the Typical Tourist Mistakes At Machu Picchu
What NOT To Do When Visiting Rainbow Mountain
Spend 50% less and see 100% more in Peru
Machu Picchu Tickets – All You Need To Know!
These Hidden Destinations Just Outside Of Lima Will Blow Your Mind!
Peru – How to Avoid Being a Typical Tourist
OFFICIAL: This Company Was Voted The Best Way To Get Around Peru
Peruvian Travel Secrets That Only The Locals Know